Information for Parents
Meet Our Head Of School
Mr. Bill Parsons
Our Head of School is Mr. Bill Parsons. Mr. Parsons brings 33 years of outstanding experience in education to Central Christian School. He has been leader of a school at the elementary, middle, and high school level. He was also an Associate Superintendent before starting his passion; serving Christ through leading a Christian school.
Mr. Parsons’ educational training includes two advanced degrees in educational leadership. He obtained his Education Specialist Degree from Troy State University, his Master of Education from LaGrange College, and his Bachelor of Science in education from Columbus State University.
He enjoyed an exceptional career as a classroom teacher being selected Teacher of the Year twice for his school, Teacher of the Year for the LaGrange City School System, and was a top ten finalist for State Teacher of the Year. His educational experience also includes training from the Georgia School Superintendents Association Institute in Facilities, Capital Outlay, Planning, Funding, and Budgeting.
Mr. Parsons has been recognized for his leadership many times.
- Selection to the Georgia State Educational Leadership Team
- Recipient of the West Georgia Youth Leadership Award
- Recipient of the State Educational Leadership Award from the Georgia School Leadership Institute
- Recipient of the Best Principal in the LaGrange Daily News Readers Choice Award three times
- Nominee for the national Milken National Educator of the Year
- Recipient of the Georgia State Citizen of the Year by the Georgia Sheriffs’ Association
- Recipient of the Outstanding Alumni Award by LaGrange College
- Recipient of the Citizen of the Year by the LaGrange Rotary Club
- Recipient of the Community Service Award by the Dunwoody Rotary Club
- Recipient of the 2012 AISA Blue Ribbon School of Excellence Award
- Recipient of the 2010 AISA President’s School Award for outstanding achievement
- Received commendation by SACS Accreditation Teams in 1998, 2003, and 2011 for outstanding leadership
Mr. Parsons has also served on State and local leadership positions.
- Former Vice-President of the Alabama Independent School Leaders Association
- Former member of the Board of Directors for the State of Alabama Character Council
- Former member of the Board of Directors for the Chambers County Partners in Education
- Former member of the Troup County Strategic Planning Committee
- Former member of the State of Georgia Leadership In School Improvement Task Force
- Former system representative for the Professional Association of Georgia Educators
- Former member of the Board of Directors for the Troup County Partners in Education
Mr. Parsons has provided leadership training throughout his career.
- Canadian Educational Leadership Conference – Ontario, Canada
- International Conference on the Family – Monterrey, Mexico
- National Character Education Conference – Cortland, New York
- National Success for All Students Conference – Orlando, Florida
- Linking Schools and Community – Orrville, Ohio
- Indiana School Leadership Conference – Nashville, Indiana
- Missouri Character Education Conference – St. Louis, Missouri
- Governor’s Education Reform Study Commission – Columbus, Georgia
- Southeastern Character Education Conference – Chattanooga, Tennessee
- National School Leadership Conference – Rockville, Maryland
Come meet our “Mr. P.” and see why we are excited about what God is doing at Central Christian School!
RenWeb ParentsWeb Portal
Welcome to our school management system – RenWeb School Management Software. RenWeb’s ParentsWeb is a private and secure portal allowing parents to see academic information specific to their children, while protecting the children’s information from others.
All you need is an internet-capable computer to view information such as:
- Daily Grades
- Progress Reports
- Lesson Plans
- Missing Assignments
- School Calendars
- School Announcements
- School Directory
- Teacher Email Addresses
- Customer Web Surveys
- Other Useful School Information
- Teacher Web Sites
Please click on the links below for instructions for creating your ParentsWeb account, logging in and viewing information. You must have an email address on file with CCS to create an account. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to validate you email address or if you have any questions.
General Financial Policies
- All tuition payments are expected to be paid on time. Tuition is due on the first of each month beginning July 1 and ending May 1.
- Tuition paid after the 10th of each month will be assessed a $35.00 late charge.
- There are no refunds on any enrollment fees!
- There are no refunds on any school fees!
- There are limited tuition based refunds. (See Financial Info)
- Families who have not cleared their entire financial account by the 10th is required to contact the office immediately.
- Accounts falling behind 45 or more and who have not made contact with the office is subject to dismissal.
Pam McCurry – Office Administration
Frequently Asked Questions
How Does the School Communicate With Parents?
Each family is required to have a RenWeb account with the school. Once your account has been activated, you will begin receiving enews/email announcements from the school office on a regular basis.
The Announcements link located on the main page of the website contains information about current events happening at the school.Each family is required to have a RenWeb account with the school. Once your account has been activated, you will begin receiving enews/email announcements from the school office on a regular basis.
A calendar of events is located on the main page of the website that allows you to search by date and month.Each family is required to have a RenWeb account with the school. Once your account has been activated, you will begin receiving enews/email announcements from the school office on a regular basis.
If your student participates in athletics, the Sports News link is provided on the Athletics link of the website, which contains general sports news, practice schedules, game schedules, and other helpful information.
How Does the School Connect With Families?
P.I.E. Night (Partners in Education)
Communicating with our families is a top priority for our school. We start the year off with our P.I.E Night. This required meeting is held on a Tuesday evening near the beginning of school in the main church auditorium located in building 1. This meeting is not only an informational meeting, but also a great time of fellowship with other families, worship, and prayer dedicating the school year. Our Head of School will also share the vision and plans for the year and will introduce.
Mid-Year P.I.E. Meeting
The school schedules an annual State of the School Address during the month of February to celebrate the accomplishments of the school year and inform families of upcoming plans and the vision for the next school year.
PTF Coffee Fellowship
The PTF and Administration hosts Parent Coffees during the year which allows families to join with members of the administration in informal gatherings and Q and A sessions. Dates for these events with be announced in advance of the meeting.
Do Students Wear Uniforms?
Yes. Central adheres to a mix and match uniform policy that includes polo shirts restricted to 7 specific colors with the Central logo and khaki, black, or navy pants, shorts, skorts, or skirts, all purchased from the required school vendor. Please refer to the uniform link located on the main page of the website for other specifics.
Do You Offer Before & After School Programs?
Yes. Before and after school care is provided Monday thru Friday while school is in session at an additional fee. Contact the office for availability and pricing.
What Are Central's Hours Of Operation?
Lower School: (Grades K-4 thru 5th) 8:00 am – 2:45 pm
6th Grade: 8:00 pm – 3:10 pm
Upper School (Grades 7th thru 12th) 8:10 am – 3:10 pm
What Are The Options For Lunch?
Students may bring a lunch from home or purchase catered lunches from local restaurant on Monday through Friday. Vendors include Chick-fil-A, Arby’s, KFC, Subway, Papa John’s, and Taco Bell. Please refer to the Lunch Menu link located on the main page of the website for daily specials and pricing.
Can I Eat Lunch With My Kid?
Yes. Parents are welcome to join their child for lunch. If you plan on dining with us, please contact the school office in advance to allow us to prepare accordingly.
Can I View My Child's Grades Online?
Yes. ParentsWeb allows parents to see their child’s averages as well as specific grades and assignments. Additionally, parents may view their child’s attendance, conduct history, and much more.
UNIFORM CONSIGNMENT SALE
Each summer, CCS features a used uniform consignment sale for school uniforms items. Please note the following information:
- Items Donated – collected a few days before the sale
- Consignment Sale – last Saturday in July, usually 9:00 AM until 12:00 noon
The CCS school store is open for all students Monday through Friday each week. Students may purchase school supplies, spirit ware, tee shirts, sweat shirts, hoodies, hats, and other items.
School Closing Policy
Central Christian School is located amidst the Coweta County Public School System. We abide by decisions made by Coweta County Schools regarding any school closings. We have found that if the Coweta County School System discovers that roads are dangerous to drive on throughout the county, they are dangerous for our families driving to CCS as well. For that reason, we encourage parents to listen to local radio and television stations for the Coweta County School’s decision. If they close, we close. If they delay, we delay.
Lost & Found
As a courtesy to parents and students, Central maintains a Lost and Found Department year-round. We encourage all families to write their names on the inside of all clothing, so it can be easily identifiable if any item becomes lost or misplaced during the year. Items include: school uniform pieces, spirit or sports ware, and other items that may be labeled with a name. Clothing found in the halls, lunch room, chapel, classrooms or other places will be collected and put in the Lost and Found Department. If a student is looking for a particular item, they may come to the main office to see if the item was turned in. Items are held for a period of 45 days. Any items not claimed within this period will be put in the annual Consignment Sale or donated to a local shelter.
Your student’s lunch account, lunch menus, and lunch ordering are done through the RenWeb ParentsWeb Portal. Please contact the front office if you have any questions.
Click on Student Information – Lunch